The platform to prepare yourself for
your IHM placement in Asia
Stenden Hotel Management School
Your placement in the Asian Pacific Region: A life changing experience!
A region that is exciting as the Asian hospitality and tourism industry is booming and continuously expanding, with Asian brands entering the European and American markets while at the same time, International Hotel brands continue to expand their number of properties in the Asian countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, China, Philippines and so on.
Welcome to your placement in the vibrant and exciting Asia Pacific Region! Your next adventure awaits you in China, Vietnam, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia or Indonesia.. the choice is yours!
Why go on placement in China, South-East Asia or Australia?
- Learn about a diverse region that offers a complete new experience in terms of social and cultural differences
- Work in Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, countries that part of the important ASEAN region
- China is increasing its economic importance in the global trade and expected to surpass US by 2020
- Choose the option to study Mandarin, immerse yourself in the local Chinese culture (Beijing)
- Obtain management skills in challenging and dynamic environments
- Gain insights into different cultures that will shape the development of the hospitality industry around the world
- Thailand and Vietnam, two Asian countries that are booming in terms of hospitality industry
- Experience renowned Asian hospitality and the amazing food and kind friendliness
- Get opposite and work in hospitality industry ‘down under’
- The choice is yours… what are you waiting for…?
My name is Hisi and two months have passed since I’ve started my new challenge as a FO management trainee in Hilton Beijing! There are many things I’d like to share with you but keep this one good in mind when starting in China: GUANXI – If you want to learn and develop yourself you first need to build a good relationship (guanxi) with your colleagues and team! Without their support it might be struggling for you as an individual. Teamwork makes the dream work! I’m very happy to work with a dynamic and open minded team. Don’t forget to network while you’re here! If you have any questions regarding China, please don’t hesitate to message me! Cheers!
– Hisi Ko, Management Trainee Front Office at Hilton Beijing
– Jane Wen (on internship from March 2015 to December 2015) at Marriott Courtyard Hangzou
– Jiayao (Athran) Lee (internship May 2016 – January 2017) at HMS Host Beijing
– Randy Leerentveld (internship December 2016 – September 2017
– Yunjie Lei (Darcy) (internship from November 2015 to September 2016) at Sofitel Guangzhou